Short nearby walks
There are a couple of parks not far from the workshop venue. Suggested walks with directions are provided.
Guides for Download
The following easy-to-print guides have been prepared to help you plan your travel:
Traveling to Auckland, New Zealand
Auckland Airport is only 30 minutes from the conference venue. Auckland is extremely well-connected with direct flights from 43 destinations around the world, including:
- Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, Vancouver
- Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Singapore
- All major Australian airports
- And many more.
Getting into Auckland city from Auckland Airport (AKL)
The Auckland Airport (AKL) website is full of useful information, including transportation options.
The venue University of Auckland is at the heart of the Auckland Central Business District (CBD) with many accommodation options in all price ranges, many of them in walking distance of the venue.
To see nearby hotels that have agreed to provide discounted rates, follow this link.
Visa for New Zealand
If you are a citizen of a visa waiver country, and will visit New Zealand for less than 3 months, you do not need a visa. Otherwise, you will need to apply for a visitor visa.
The University of Auckland has a standard procedure for issuing a letter of invitation. If you need such an invitation letter, please following the following steps:
- Register for the conference. If the visa application is declined, you will be refunded your registration.
- Send an email to Ke-Han Chen, with the subject "IWOMP Invitation Letter". Include the following:
- Copy of your passport, and
- A letter from your organisation confirming your connection to the organisation and the conference.
You may find the following NZ Travel Guide helpful.